Dear all

We are in the process of introducing a new classification scheme and retention schedule for the Tate based on gallery functions  with allowance for case files.  That isn't such a problem but we are finding it difficult to place some of the ephemera of office life in a useful area, particularly on our shared networks, that users will adopt, e.g. forms, labels, templates, departmental personnel information, departmental financial information, local office minutes.  Has anyone already tackled this and come up with a brilliant solution?  We don't really want to put aside space for local departmental ephemera but are currently having problems getting around this and although I know these are some of the least important records, I know they're going to cause some of the biggest complaints if we can't offer people a useful answer as to where to file them.  Perhaps the answer is to have a local departmental space but I thought I'd ask round for advice first.

Many thanks and best wishes

Alan

--------------------------
Alan Crookham