Out of sheer curiosity:
Why in 1673???  Who wanted Leo canonized at that time??
TGD

<snip>
"Leo III (d. 816)  I confess that this one surprised me.  Leo was a
Roman who became pope in 795 but was accused of all sorts of
interesting immorality attacked by his enemies, imprisoned, and
mutilated.  He escaped and went north, where he asked Charlemagne for
help.  Charlemagne came and put L back on the papal throne---and
event that looms large in western civ. classes because L. then
crowned Chuck as emperor (Christmas day, 800).  Leo was canonized in
1673."

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]