Elena,

You wrote:

> Thus, in
> arrowheads of type 62, the blade is getting shorter, and the tang longer.
> These modifications may be explained by adaptation of lanceolate
> arrowheads
> for the complex (?) bow, reinforced with horn panels and much more
> powerful
> than one-piece or composite bows."
>
> How is a complex bow different from a composite bow?

I'm guessing based on a visit to the archery section of a
sporting goods store years ago (but unfortunately not so
many years to be really reliable for your purposes).  I
think "complex" describes the stringing while "composite"
describes the composition of the bow itself.  Have you
asked a modern archer?

What fascinating puzzles on this list!

Regards,

Frank