Hi hope you are all surviving out there!

I am the Exams office here at Telford College from around
7.30am until  8.00 pm  daily  (Mon-Thurs)

and for the first time had to work nearly all day Saturday
(god bless UCLES!)

Our evening exams are set off from Exams and I stay until at least
the first hour of the exam (incase of any problems) Head on duty
(from the senior management team) then takes over, gives the invigilators a
break (if they need it) at the end of the evening
I have site services or the security team collect the papers and they are
locked away securely until I arrive next morning.

It works well, and at least I get about 2 hours at home before I have to go
to bed !!!!

Chris Talbot

--On 18 June 2004 09:00 +0100 Gillian Bryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Marion James wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I realise everyone is still very busy with exams, but I would appreciate
>> your views on evening exams - how do you staff them (apart from the
>> invigilator), is there a member of exams staff present for the start of
>> the exam or for the whole session etc?
>>
>> Many thanks
>>

>> Marion James
>> Exams Manager
>> Eastleigh College
>>

> We only have evening exams for the Adult Literacy/Numeracy evening
> students.  I invigilated myself.  I must admit that I found it very
> different and enjoyed meeting the mature students.  It was also very
> rewarding when they all passed.  College is also so much quieter and
> relaxed in the evenings.  Perhaps we should have all exams at this time!
>
> Gill Bryan

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
Telford College of Arts & Technology.  If you are not the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.

Telford College of Arts & Technology I.T. Helpdesk
by telephone on 44 (0)1952 642284.

Any files attached to this e-mail will have been checked with virus software
before transmission.  However, you should carry out your own virus check
before opening any attachment.  Telford College of Arts & Technology accepts
no liability for any loss or damage, which may be caused by software
viruses.