From: Wilcox, Kay [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 June 2004 09:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Contamination form adj sites

I have been considering a couple of planning applications for sites adjacent
to land which could be a possible source of contamination and trying to
weigh up whether it is reasonable to ask for a full site investigation.

One application is for a single dwelling on what was originally a domestic
garden and is across the road (approx 27m away) from land used for road
haulage.

The other app is to develop a meadow into a hall and recreational facilities
and is adj to an old egg packing factory which amongst other things had its
own sewage works.  The other consideration here would be whether the meadow
was cultivated and pesticides used, I suppose.

I had thought that at least a desk top study should be carried out and
depending on the outcome further investigations may be necessary, but I
don't know if this would be compatible with planning protocol.  So far we
have gone for a full S.I. or not.  Does anyone has a standard condition
which requires a desk top study, but which also calls for further intrusive
investigations if necessary.

I would be most interested to hear other people's opinions.  Thanks for
everyone's input in advance.

Kay

Kay Wilcox

Technical Officer

Health and Housing

Pollution Team

Breckland Council

Elizabeth House

Walpole Loke

Dereham

Norfolk

NR19 1EE

Tel: 01362 656334

Fax: 01362 656266

Kay Wilcox

Technical Officer

Health and Housing

Pollution Team

Breckland Council

Elizabeth House

Walpole Loke

Dereham

Norfolk

NR19 1EE

Tel: 01362 656334

Fax: 01362 656266

Unless expressly stated otherwise, the contents of this
e-mail are confidential, represent only the views of the
sender expressed only to the intended recipient and are
not intended to impose any legal obligation upon
Breckland Council. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are asked to notify the sender and delete the
message as soon as possible.

Email Disclaimer is:
http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/democracy/corpdocs/EmailDisclaimer.htm

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange
as part of the Council's e-mail and internet policy.