I would be most grateful if you could help me to find the following
variables in the BCS70 dataset that are not listed in the Idealist
Dictionary.  The two variables have been referenced by R Breen and JH
Goldthorpe in 2001 in the European Sociological Review Vol 17 No 2, 81-40
'Class, Mobility and Merit The Experience of Two British Birth Cohorts' but
I cannot find them in the dictionary or annotated questionnaires:-

1.      NEW65 - this variable is an academic motivation score measured on
the caroloc scale and taken when the respondent was 10.
2.      SCORE20 - this variable is again taken from when the respondent was
10 and according to the journal article measures the children against the
British Ability Scale.

Are they maybe derived variables and if so did you provide the authors with
the coding?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Louise Sullivan
PhD Student
University of Surrey