Following info received a few minutes ago from Jonathan Potter (of Jonathan Potter antiquarian map dealers, London) - this could be the 'We' (in the royal sense) that introduces the message.  I haven't copied to LIBER GdC, as probably too few - other than our Belgian & Dutch and western German fringe colleagues who already subscribe to 'MapHist'- may be able to pick up the channel (other than the English Channel) .

Francis Herbert

http://www.rgs.org [see 'Unlocking the Archives' (sic)]

"We thought you may be interested to hear of the following to be broadcast as:

The Map Makers on History UK, starting Sunday 13th June @ 8pm for three weeks.

Here follows a brief synopsis of each programme:

The Map Makers

Episode One - The Waldseemuller Map 1507

This is the story of a 16th century map, which has become known as the 'birth certificate of America.' It is the first map ever to name the new continent, just after it's discovery. But who named the new lands America, and why? The intriguing history behind this map is revealed.

The Map Makers

Episode Two - The Mercator Atlas

The programme uncovers the shadowy world of espionage in 16th Century Europe, a time when map making and spying went hand in hand. It is a story of intrigue, treason and religious turmoil, with map makers at the heart of the struggle for power in Europe.

The Map Makers

Episode Three - The D-day Invasion Maps

This programme tells the story of the men and women who risked their lives, during World War II, to produce a set of top secret invasion maps for the Allies. The maps they created were critical to the success of the D-Day landings, and ultimately the defeat of Hitler's regime."