Julie,

If what you are doing is transcript and video analysis (not other artifacts
as well), you should take a look at Transana (www.transana.org). Transana is
a free package for transcription and multimedia file analysis. It is
currently available for Windows in a single and multi-user version. We are
working on a new open source version that currently is in beta for Windows
and in alpha for OSX. These versions will also support single-user and
multi-user modes.

We created Transana and the larger "Digital Insight" project to address the
problems associated with doing analysis across large collections of
multimedia data. The technology we use works for a single researcher, but is
scalable across 1,000s of hours and many locations.

Chris

--
Dr. Christopher Thorn
Director of Technical Services