So difficult for me to enter in such a discussion, because I am French but using daily the "Globish" (Global English). What is Globish and what are its caracteristics ? Something like 300 words linked to each other without grammatical rules ; something (I can imagine) very unpleasant to hear or to read for a native English-speaker ; but very useful to be (quite) understood worldwide : is there the possibility to find a difference between Globish spoken by a French, an Italian, a Korean or a Syriac ?

Is this the same as - or similat to "Pigin" English ? (Pigin, I believe is a corruption of "Business" and was the simplified form of English eveolved by traders to Africa and India and points east.)

BMC