I would not be surprised if the Libera Nos developed as a conflation of an earlier Ectenia, especially the concluding collect of an earlier Ectenia. When the Pater Noster was inserted into the Roman Liturgy (around A.D. 595), it was apparently inserted before the Libera Nos. It is rather murky. Especially as the Libera Nos most probably was an insertion (embolus), itself. And who knows which was inserted first, into the Roman Rite.

I also suspect that the "Memento, Domine, famulorum famularumque" also has its roots in an earlier Ectenia.

The Doxology to the Pater Noster does not come in to the Roman (qua Roman) Rite until after Vatican II. In the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom there is nothing between the Pater Noster and the Doxology.*

Terrill

*¢Oti Sou estin ¢h basileia kai ¢h dunamiV kai ¢h doca tou PatroV kai U¢iou kai ¢Agiou PneumatoV nun kai aei kai touV aiwnaV twn aiwnwn.

Bill East wrote:

As to the embolism more usually so-called, that is
the Libera nos, it occurs to me that I am woefully ignorant concerning
the details of its composition and introduction into the Latin Mass.
Neither Jungmann nor Gregory Dix mention it, at least in their indices.
The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church however says: "...Many
Eastern liturgies have a similar prayer at this point." I did not know
this. Fr Ambrose has supplied us with one from the Assyrian Liturgy;
does anybody know of any others?