> From: Christopher Crockett <[log in to unmask]>
> depections of Jesus being *held* in the arms of Sathanas while being shown the Riches of this World are quite rare --> would anyone venture an opinion about what sort of statement, re this business of "Justice", is being made here?

Edwin replies:
I find it telling that Satan never lied to Jesus - rather he tempted with the knowledge of the truth.  Jesus could not be swayed because he had wisdom of higher purpose.  When Satan offered all the nations of the world to Jesus, if Satan had not had the power to deliver them, Jesus would have said so.  In fact, Satan was tempting Jesus to be the Messaiah that most Jews were hoping for.  Instead Jesus chose to reject worldly power, to become a servant and then a sacrifice.  This was higher purpose, and higher justice than being a temporal messaiah.

Edwin

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]