Dear listmembers:

I have been asked to put together session proposal(s) for
medieval-religion for the 2005 Kalamazoo conference.  (As some of you
know, this process starts immediately after each year's session---the
deadline for sponsored sessions is, I believe, 15. May.)

I would like suggestions, either for a single session or a related
little cluster of sessions.  Perhaps about something other than
saints.

One topic that I thought might be of interest to many listmembers is
the use of folklore to make sense of medieval religion, or perhaps
"traditional versus 'official' religion in the Middle Ages."  We have
a lot of conversations on these subjects, and it's a topic that can
range over multiple countries, eras, and academic disciplines.  It
also seems like a topic that has many branches, so perhaps we would
be able to get a cluster of three panels and make a bit of a splash.

I'd be very happy to hear people's reactions and other suggestions,
both on- and off-list.

Best,
Phyllis
--