Now, now, Oriens... Mustn't be so Anglocentric. I trust the list will forgive this levity - and the use of Bill's pseudonym. (I'd use the robust Anglo-Saxon for "pseudonym," but don't know what it is.) Last personal and non-medieval religion message - promise!
MG

-- Bill East <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 --- Marjorie Greene <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >
medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
> culture
>
> This was the start of England's "meddling" in French affairs, at
> least to my Gallocentric (is that a word?) eyes. Once you have the
> king of England as vassal to the king of France, there's bound to be
> trouble. (However, I will concede that the language was marvelously
> enriched as a result.)

Enriched? What was wrong with Old English before the conquest? I prefer
the term 'Diluted'. Even today one prefers the good strong manly
Anglo-Saxon word-hoard to the feeble, effeminate, louche, degenerate,
decadent French vocabulary. I trust all will agree that I speak without
bias or lack of objectivity.

Guillaume.

=====

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

The best thing to hit the Internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]