In Dudley we carried out a PLUS survey in all our 18 libraries last
October 2003 and have not found a decrease in statistics for the
questions around "books found" and "information found". We carried out
our previous adult survey 3 years ago in 6 libraries and in comparing
the results for 2 of our largest town libraries there has actually been
an increase.
In 2001/2 in 1 town library 70.7% answered yes to "did you find the
information" compared with 77.7% in Oct 2003. In the other town library
73.1% answered yes in 2001/2 compared to 76.8% in 2003.
Re "finding books" 1 town library increased from 54.2% in 2001/2 to
57.3% in 2003 and the other town library from 60.8% in 2001/2 to 65.5%
in 2003.
Overall the weighted totals for Dudley were 56.1% for books found in
2001/2 increasing  to 64% in 2003.
For information found this showed a slight increase from 71.3% in 2001/2
to 75% in 2003.
Like Staffs our staff helpfulness and knowledge statistics have always
remained very high.

Sue
Sue Helm
Management Support & Staff Development Officer
Dudley Library
St James's Road
Dudley
West Midlands
DY1 1HR

This Email and any attachments contains confidential information and is
intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. If this Email
has been misdirected, please notify the author as soon as possible. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy,
print or rely on any of the information contained, and all copies must be
deleted immediately.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to try to identify any software viruses, any
attachments to this e-mail may nevertheless contain viruses which our
anti-virus software has failed to identify. You should therefore carry out
your own anti-virus checks before opening any documents.
Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council will not accept any liability for damage
caused by computer viruses emanating from any attachment or other document
supplied with this e-mail.