From:    Jim Reed <[log in to unmask]>

Schiller and Thomas Mann 2005

The English Goethe Society is planning two events to mark literary
anniversaries next year: a Schiller conference or workshop, on Thursday
and Friday 27 and 28 January; and a similar Thomas Mann occasion on
Thursday and Friday 17 and 18 March.

If you would like to contribute a a paper to either conference, please
let me know - with some indication of the theme - by Monday June 14
2004. If you would simply be interested in coming to one or the other,
that too would be useful for the organisers to know.

These would be among the last conferences held in the premises of the
Institute of Germanic Studies before it moves to a new location in
Senate House. We hope to make them all the more resounding occasions.

Jim Reed
President of the English Goethe Society

The Queen's College
Oxford