This message is to call your attention to Topical Session T-91 at the
Geological Society of America’s Annual Meeting in Denver, November
7-10, 2004:

" Paleomagnetism and Rock Magnetism and Shear Zone Kinematics "

Conveners: Tim F. Wawrzyniec ([log in to unmask]) & Mike S. Petronis

We seek contributions from a wide range of disciplines to examine a
broad range of abstracts that address the application of paleomagnetism
at a variety of scales, and issues of rock magnetism related to
kinematic investigations. We are also interested in talks that address
shear zone kinematics where paleomagnetic or rock magnetic techniques
may be particularly useful. By doing so, we hope to provide a focused
forum where various investigations that employ these techniques and
concerns can be viewed side-by-side.  Thus, this session can highlight
both the variety of problems being addressed but also the variety of
approaches pursued in such investigations. We encourage you to submit
an abstract for either an oral presentation in this session!

The abstract submission deadline is July 13th — information on the
submission process is available on the GSA webpage:
http://www.geosociety.org/meetings/

Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about the session.
We are looking forward to a lot of lively, cross-disciplinary
discussion!

Tim  F. Wawrzyniec
Senior Research Scientist
Paleomagnetism Laboratory
The University of New Mexico
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
131 Northrop Hall
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505-277-2740
512-589-0922

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible" - F. Zappa
"Theres no point to democracy when ignorance is celebrated" - Fat Mike