Employment Opportunity

ADDICTIONS COUNSELLING INSTRUCTOR
(Full-time)

We require a full-time instructor to provide instructional delivery
services of courses in our Addictions Program.  In addition to direct
instruction, other commitment time includes availability for student
contact and mentorship, student recruitment and follow-up activities, and
participation in team, program, divisional and College meetings.

Applicants must possess a minimum of a Baccalaureate degree (Master's
preferred) in Psychology, Nursing, Social Work, or related human services
major(s) and direct professional experience in the addictions field.
Candidates enrolled in a graduate program and with previous teaching
experience at a post-secondary level will be given preference.

Our College is learner-centered.  If you are an individual who is able to
make a strong commitment on campus, is keenly interested in students and
learning and have strong leadership and team skills, we would like to hear
from you.

In addition to providing a resume and the names of three references, please
also submit evidence of your expertise in the form of a written
philosophical statement which reflects your views on the benefits of formal
preparation in addictions counselling for students interested in pursuing
this as a career choice.  Please submit all materials, quoting Competition
#340086.  Deadline for receipt of applications is May 28, 2004, however,
this competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.

    Human Resources
Medicine Hat College
299 College Drive S.E.
Medicine Hat, AB  T1A 3Y6
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Visit us at our Website:  www.mhc.ab.ca

Only applicants being granted an interview will be contacted.
All others are thanked in advance for their interest.

Rowdy Yates
Senior Research Fellow
Scottish Addiction Studies
Sociology, Social Policy & Criminology Section
Department of Applied Social Science
University of Stirling

Tel: +44(0)1786 - 467737

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may