Danesh et al published their analysis of the association of C-reactive
protein and C.A.D. (NEJM 2004: 350;14 pp1387-97) and found it to be
less strong that a previous series of studies and subsequent published
quidelines. They suggest that CRP may not be a useful measurement even
in intermediate risk people.  I hoped to calculate the likelihood ratio
from their charts so that I could apply it to the standard Framingham
risk tables to obtain post-test probability and see for myself.
However, their statistical analysis is only expressed in odds  ratios
after adjustments for coronary risk factors, etc.  Is there any way to
convert these OR to LR?  Thanks....
        Michael Gross, MD, MPH
        Lycoming Medical Associates
        Hughesville, PA, USA