Hi Folks,

Listen, we need a new Treasurer. Neil Coe, whose post finished some time ago, agreed to extend his responsibilities to the present, but it is now time to appoint a new Treasurer.

The EGRG has some 465 members, and it is a vital professional body and outlet for academic economic geographers as well as policy makers and others interested in the study of economic geography. The EGRG relies on members to volunteer for the committee positions in order to further the interests of the EGRG

Sad as I am to see Neil step down from the job, I would therefore welcome volunteers for the post, which is far from demanding. If you want to know more about its responsibilities and/or put your name forward, you can contact me at the numbers/e-mail listed below or contact Neil himself at [log in to unmask] or on his office line: 0161-275-3646.

Thank you, Michael Samers, EGRG secretary

Dr. Michael Samers
Secretary, Economic Geography Research Group, RGS-IBG
Director of Graduate Studies
School of Geography
University of Nottingham
Nottingham NG7 2RD