.
Eh...  You can get a Masters in Disability Studies (well, the passmark must
surely be below 60%) just by drinking coffee and writing one good essay on
one of these topics, or getting a pal to compile it for you? -- and
obviously without needing to attend any boring lectures, working on a
prescribed reading list about DS, taking a course on how to find
information in the modern world, or any tiresome kinda textually-fixated-
european-male suffering like that?
What brand of coffee is it, anyway?
m99m

>Subject: In need of advice
> I was hoping you could give me some advice on which one I would have the
best chance of finding information on and what would be beneficial for me
to learn more about.  I have to write 3500 words and it is worth 60% of my
marks....this scares me a little! I have to choose one of these topics.

>1)  'A disability implies a non-problematic pathological condition
intrinsic to the individual; it fails to recognise that the concept of
disabilitiy is socially constructed'. Discuss this statement.

>2)  Psychology has had an important impact on how we understand
disabilitiy. Indeed the psychological test has been used extensively to
identify problems and legitimate action. Discuss this statement, locating
your response in a particular historical era.

>3)  Policy documents are texts that are interpreted by school
administrators, teachers and parents. With direct reference to a particular
policy, discuss how it has been implemented in a particular educational
setting. What tactics and strategies have been used? In what ways have they
been enabling or disabling?

>Any advice you could give me would be very appreciated.  Let me know if
you prefer to meet for a coffee and go over anything.

are now located at: