Can anyone direct me to any guidence covering the risks of mine gas from disused mineworkings. I'm trying to get my head around how mine gas is produced, from what I can gather it's a problem associated with voids, but I'm assuming thats because it can accumulate there. If the disused mine shafts are then grouted, removing all voids, does this mean that mine gas would no longer be a consideration should a development commence?

Check planning applications from your office or home
www.edinburgh.gov.uk/planning
Pay for on-street parking in central Edinburgh from your mobile phone
www.edinburgh.gov.uk/mpark
More at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/onlineservices
This Email and files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended for the sole use of the individual or organisation to whom they are addressed. If you have received this Email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete it without using, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person. The Council has endeavoured to scan this Email message and attachments for computer viruses and will not be liable for any losses incurred by the recipient.