As with my previous note on SUN compilation of analysis1.0b10, I am
using Solaris 7 with SUN Workshop Pro 5.0 and Python 2.3

The same modifications to installCode.py as I noted previously
were required this time as well.  These are:

1. Change all references from python 2.2 to python 2.3

2. Change the shared libraries flag from -shared to -G

As before, X11 and OpenGL are under /usr/openwin while
tcl8.3.5  tk8.3.5  and python2.3 are installed in /usr/local

This time, the compilation went without any errors at all.

As before, analysis presents its initial menu properly.  I hadn't tested beyond this
because both the NMRPipe data and the VNMR data I have available were 32 bit complex
in both dimensions which formatconvertor does not accept.  However, release of the
tutorial allowed me to do further testing.  Unlike with the SGI (see other note)
on the SUN, the spectrum window does display.  The spectrum area is usually blue.
Sometimes it turns white and sometimes it turns green for reasons that I don't
understand.  The only color selection that seems to work to display cross-peaks
is black.  This produces white cross-peaks on a blue background.  Peak marking
seems to be a sometime thing.  When I hold down control, shift, and the left
mouse button, I sometimes get the box as I move the mouse.  About twice as
often, however, I get the top vertical and right horizontal parts of the cursor
moving to generate a line while the remainder stays where it was when I began
the motion.  Under either circumstance, peaks are sometimes marked.  However,
this is not consistent between runs.  That is to say, a peak in the middle of
a selected area that was indicated as marked on one run might not be so
indicated on another.  Furthermore, if the selected region is too large, none
of the peaks are indicated as marked even though the shifts for everyone of
them are found in the final peak list.  Also, while using a popup, if the
cursor traverses any part of the spectrum window, the spectrum window jumps
to the front covering the popup.  This last makes the assignment part of the
tutorial a bit difficult.

The following is the console dialog of a session:

>>>Spectrum successfully opened

Assertion failed in module 'ffb_window.c' at line 271
        !win_info->is_rgba

Assertion failed in module 'ffb_window.c' at line 271
        !win_info->is_rgba

GL_VENDOR = Sun Microsystems, Inc.
GL_RENDERER = Creator-3D, VIS
GL_VERSION = 1.3 Sun OpenGL 1.3patch 113886-05 for Solaris

Assertion failed in module 'ffb_window.c' at line 271
        !win_info->is_rgba

Assertion failed in module 'ffb_window.c' at line 271
        !win_info->is_rgba

GL_VENDOR = Sun Microsystems, Inc.
GL_RENDERER = Creator-3D, VIS
GL_VERSION = 1.3 Sun OpenGL 1.3patch 113886-05 for Solaris

Assertion failed in module 'ffb_window.c' at line 271
        !win_info->is_rgba

Assertion failed in module 'ffb_window.c' at line 271
        !win_info->is_rgba

GL_VENDOR = Sun Microsystems, Inc.
GL_RENDERER = Creator-3D, VIS
GL_VERSION = 1.3 Sun OpenGL 1.3patch 113886-05 for Solaris

I hope this helps.

Bruce D. Ray