Dear CherylMy name is Maggie Thomson and I am the Consultant midwife at
the Whittington in London. My focus is on public health but in reality I
look at most things. I have recently set up two caseload teams with 8
midwives in each working with vulnerable women. If you would like to
chat then let me know and I would be happy to help. What part of
Scotland are you in? You could always invite me up to present our work
and I could help you convince your HOM. I'm Dunfermline born and
trained. Look forward to hearing from you.
Maggie

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/23/04 04:34pm >>>

Hi
Just a quick intro to new list
I'm an F grade working in a busy consultant led unit in Scotland at
present, and am 5yrs qualified.  A couple of my colleagues and I are
desperate for a change to working life and are currently working on
putting in a proposal to our head of midwifery re a caseloading group
practice - maybe 4 of us caseloading around 35 women each.
Our trust has nothing like this and community midwives currently work
out of GP practices (1 per practice).  How would we go about setting
ourselves up?  How do you sell it to a fairly uninspired HOM, happy with
current provision??  I thought we could wait for the next cmw to come
back in to hosp and take her surgery - but that's 4 mws replacing 1 and
I guess the HOM won't buy it.  Ideas are gratefully received!!
Ta
Cheryl

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com