Ian,

CNRS acts as a "catch-all" CA and therefore signs certs for many different
namespaces.
I think GSI ignores anything to do with CA hierarchies so I imagine the
signing policy of one CA is never checked against another even if it is
higher up some hierarchy (not 100% sure of that statement).

The best evidence I think is lack of anyone else reporting problems... so I
suspect it's a configuration issue.

.... Or a CRL out of date?

If are you still having problems I can forward to the CA list, but could do
with a few more details.

Dave

Dr David Kelsey
Particle Physics Department