In principle, Elizabeth is right in saying:

> So - in my frightened opinion - YES to post-its, YES to phone
> messages, YES
> to hand-written notes on a scribble pad, YES to emails, YES
> to electronic
> diaries etc etc.

but I suppose it is only reasonable to point out that the risk of being "caught out" by failure to disclose some of these - notably post-its - must usually be low, so it would be inappropriate to devote inordinate resource to ensuring they can be found and disclosed.

Is this a special case of a wider principle, namely that in most cases public bodies will rarely be challenged if they provide an incomplete response (i.e. if they fail to find some or all information covered by a request)?  I have in mind that it will only be in rare circumstances that an enquirer can be confident that the body's request is incomplete...

Marc Fresko
EDM & ERM Consulting Services Director
Cornwell Management Consultants plc
Home Barn Court, The Street
Effingham, Surrey
KT24 5LG

Tel. 01372 456086
Mob. 07767 325630
Fax. 01372 450950
www.cornwell.co.uk

This e-mail is intentionally sent in a plain text format, for maximum compatibility with recipients' systems and minimum virus infection risk.

As this e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information if you are not (or suspect that you are not) the correct recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to one or more named addressees, please telephone us immediately.  Please note that we cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free nor that it has not been intercepted or amended.  The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the company.