---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NISC Information <[log in to unmask]>

NISC: NEW Features for RILM & New Music Database

RILM ABSTRACTS OF MUSIC LITERATURE (1969-present)

**NISC's New Features**

Author Name Indexing in Keyword Search
Lateral Searching
Hyperlinking
Major Topic Field Searching Improved

Register now for free access through April 30, 2004.
http://www.nisc.com/factsheets/qrlm.asp

Click on the: "Click here for FREE Database of the Month" link near the
top of the product factsheet to register for a User ID and Password.

About the New Features:

In February 2004, NISC attended the MLA conference in Arlington, Virginia
as an Exhibitor. During this conference we had the opportunity to attend a
presentation by the Electronic Reference Services Sub-committee about the
interfaces available for online access to RILM Abstracts of Music
Literature. This session was very informative and we thank the presenters
for their reviews. In response to some of the comments made during the
presentations, NISC has implemented some new features and functionality.
We welcome your review of our implementation and improved presentation of
RILM.

Author Name Indexing in Keyword Search:
Author and Review Author names are now indexed in the keyword search.
Separate fields are available however for refining searches by Author
and/or Review Author.

Lateral Searching:
Lateral searching is now available from terms in the following fields of a
displayed record.

a) Cross-reference fields
b) Authors
c) Review Authors
d) Major Topics
e) Subject String Fields

Hyperlinking:
Hyperlinking from Individual Records to Main Records and vice versa is now
available for records of the following type.

a) Conference Records
b) Collected Essays
c) Festschrifts
d) Book; periodical as a whole

Reviews:
Reviews continue to be appended directly to the records of the
publications reviewed. With the lateral searching implemented, subscribers
may initiate searches for authors directly from the appended records.

Major Topic Searching:
Indexing for the Major Topics has been improved to enable searching of the
Major Topic and/or subdivision of the Major Topic.

Please take a look at RILM on BiblioLine. We hope you like what you see!

NEW to NISC Music

Index to Printed Music: Collections & Series

As announced at the MLA conference, NISC plans to make the Index to
Printed Music: Collections & Series available for trials and subscriptions
in the second quarter of 2004. For additional information about the Index
to Printed Music:  Collections & Series, please visit the following URL on
the NISC web site:  http://www.nisc.com/factsheets/qghi.htm

Other Music Databases published by NISC include:

RIPM: Retrospective Index to Music Periodicals (1800-1950)
See the Product Factsheet at
http://www.nisc.com/ripm/RIPM_Frame/RIPM_International(b).htm

RISM: International Inventory of Musical Sources after 1600
See the Product Factsheet at http://www.nisc.com/factsheets/qrism.asp

Music Catalog (US Library of Congress)
See the Product Factsheet at http://www.nisc.com/factsheets/qlcmu.asp

Please contact Debbie Durr by phone (+1 410-243-0797) or Email at
[log in to unmask] with any questions. Thank you for your time and
consideration.

NISC
         National Information Services Corporation
                          NISC USA
    3100 St. Paul Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21218 USA
 Tel: +1 410 2430797  Fax: +1 410 2430982  [log in to unmask]
                   http://www.nisc.com
             A Company in the Public Interest

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]