Hello community,

We thought you might be interested in taking a look at our new project,
musiCompass.
It's available at <http://www.musicompass.net>.
Ideas, suggestions or support is highly welcome and we would appreciate
any feedback from you.
Thank you for your time.

The musiCompass team.

musiCompass : people ­ artist ­ music and their connections
A consortium of www.wadi.de ­ www. Audioscrobbler.com ­ www.last.fm

Background

musiCompass focuses on the world of music. Music is one of the best ways
to express emotions and moods as a performer as well as a listener.
Music has been, and continues to be at the centres of society.
Artists create styles of music, people listen to them and develop
identifications; collecting music, creating play lists and developing a
unique music taste are trends of the time.
musiCompass aims to bring people, artists and music together in a visual
and interactive environment.

                            Find concept at <http://www.musicompass.net>

Currently released realisations

Implementation of user map and artist map in the new release of last.fm.
User map and artist map display the social network and the connection to
the artist as part of the new pop-up player.

    Find out more at <http://www.wadi.de/musicompass/userartistmap.html>

Development

Music Map - Development of innovative methods to create a map for the
entire world of music. Different approaches are involved to analyse and
transfer the existing data of artist similarity and neighbourhood
calculation for mapping.

         Find out more at <http://www.wadi.de/musicompass/musicmap.html>

Semio Music - Analysis of the semantic connections of song titles. Match
artists and people by a selection and combination of specific words?

       Find out more at <http://www.wadi.de/musicompass/semiomusic.html>

Project Related Links

- <http://www.wadi.de>
- <http://www.audioscrobbler.com>