I'm a 26-year old Ph.D. student at Jagiellonian University, about to start
my doctoral research into the matters. I'm finishing collecting literature
about IT sector (esp. computer services) in local development and factors
underlying the growth of IT clusters on local level.
I'm looking for research concentrated on the spatial functioning of
computer services in European countries and USA, especially on the micro
level. I wonder whether they are any other studies apart from Coe's,
Crone's research in UK and Ireland. In particular I'm interested in the new
firm formation process, the role of foreign companies in local development
(spin-offs, spin-outs, spill-overs). I'm very much into matters of local
leaders of IT development and companies which are export-oriented pioneers.
I'd kindly appreciate a piece of information about such research in CEE
countries.

Looking forward for your e-mail

Greg Micek