Oh I Love these sort of questions  (sad or wot)

The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Exemptions Order 1975 entitles
you to ask exempt questions on criminal records for certain professions
including Medical practioners, nurses, midwives, and any profession to
which the Professions Supplementary to Medicine Act 1960.

The Police Act 1997 establishes the issuing of disclose by the CRB
under section 113 of the act.  The Care standards Act also will help, try
section 80 onwards.

All acts availible from

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/1997050.htm

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/20000043.htm

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/20000014.htm#aofs

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1999/19990014.htm

Hope this helps
--
Thank you and kind regards

Opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer

Rob Dawson
Institutional Compliance Officer
University College Chester
Parkgate Road