Update on large file support!

Spent much effort this week reminding myself what happends in detail within
the current HDS using GDB. Also drawing record structures out on paper.

What had bogged me down before is that my development state of HDS had
become far too ambitious to finish in one go - it includes a pure-C
interface and C translations of many of the internal Fortran routines.

Latest plan to get a release ASAP:-

1) Back out the pure-C development work just for now.

2) HDS files will retain their 32-bit bit INTEGER (2Gb) array index limit
PER-DIMENSION with an unlimited (64-bit) overall size.

3) The FORTRAN interface will remain as-is for now.

3) Existing HDS files will retain their structure (possibly with a new fatal
error if the record-id block count goes over its limit of 20-bits)

4) *NEW* HDS files will also be in file version-3 format (that's the current
version) UNLESS specifically requested by the users.

I've designed the structures to do all this with minimum changes to the code
- based on my previous deveopment work - but it's still going to take a few
more days to implement and test these!

Brian