-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Schulz [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 March 2004 11:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LCG-CORE] no phone conference this week

Dear Core Sites,
I am sorry, but due to overlap with some other meeting we will have no
phone
conference today.
I haven't  found the time to write proper minutes for the last meeting.
Could someone please send an update on the dCache story to the list?
Here is a short summary of the core points:

dCache: Michael Ernst reported that almost everything was finished
                 a version of the RM tools that doesn't use
authentication on the data ports
                 was needed for further testing. I brought this to the
attention of Jean P. Baud.
                 Work is expected to finish within a week.

KERNELS:  Sites have to look for secure kernels them self. Since Redhat
stopped
                       the support for 7.3 everyone is on his/her own.
                       Our first tests with the CERN patched kernel
showed that it brakes vfork
                       We are testing the fedora kernel and will switch
to this is needed.
                       The most important nodes to be upgraded are the
UIs.

Migration LCG1 -> LCG2

Markus will (as soon as he finds time) send a mail that describes the
migration plan
from LCG1 to LCG2.

     markus

*******