> I would guess we do not reallyhave the expertiseto be a free extension of
> the IRAF helpdesk. I for one would have to start from scratch on this
> since I have next to no familiarity with IRAF.

Long ago we did have a local IRAF pundit, Rhys I think, who could answer
questions before the IRAF team were in.

I have suggested that Martin contact the IRAF helpdesk.

There may be words of wisdom in Martin Clayton's Echelle spectroscopy
cookbook SC/3.

> More to the point can we not direct him to some equivalent Starlink app?

Feel free.  I just wanted to send a quick reply off to Martin, and see
if on the off chance any of you pundits out there knew any IRAF.  For
all I know, this may a well-known problem that your local IRAF users
have posed.

Malcolm