Some questions on CVS-ing:

  - How do I build a Starlink ADAM monolith for 'make check' ?
 [many of the libraries use ADAM tasks for testing]

  - How do I run tests with specific arguments in a 'make check'?

  - If a executable is built that is used to create some binary data file
how do I prevent it from being installed? [see e.g. IDI and GNS for two
different approaches I have taken to that]

  - is there an automake way to set up file dependencies? Currently if you
edit an include file everything gets rebuilt.

Other than this, ccdpack is now close but I think I can't do any more for
the moment. GKS will need some thought (I'm not going to do it) but I
think the easiest thing will simply be to import the fortran code without
all the baggage - some of the include files use cpp but it's sometimes not
clear what the equivalent configure tests should be (and are under
documented).

I've left AGI - I'm worried that David has an RCS repository of it
somewhere (as I'm also worried there is a NDF repocitory somewhere - but I
did NDF anyway). I assume it's obvious that new patches to any of the
lbiraries that are in CVS should also be committed to CVS, the code I've
committed was current (from stardev) about 3 weeks ago so may need
checking if changes have been made in the last 6 weeks or so.

Some decision has to be made regarding tclsys and perl.

I'm still waiting for the .gen files for ARY et al, and some statement of
which libraries have source code repositories and which simply have
stardev releases (and I'm also waiting for the list of libraries that can
be GPL'ed!).

--
Tim Jenness
JAC software