I have been asked to draw your attention to an item
being offered on the US ebay site at www.ebay.com for
a charity. Search for item 3597675082.

This is described as a copy of "Puck of Pook's Hill"
printed by Macmillan in 1927. On the dustjacket, the
printed author name has been crossed through and
overwritten by a signature "Rudyard Kipling".

On ebay, the seller writes that "I contacted the
Rudyard Kipling Organization in England and had them
send me copies of Rudyard's signature. I am not a
signature expert nor can I authenticate this
signature. However, based on what I received they are
a very close match. The cross over from the d in
Rudyard to the K in Kipling is exactly the same as a
sample they sent me."

I don't know who the lady approached, but it was
definitely not me. Pictures of the book can be seen on
ebay.

With best regards

David Page
Harrow, UK