Thanks to John Briggs, it took me a while to understand that this Martin not is Martin of Tours, but the martyr Martin of Brive (! Never heard of such a martyr before;-)
Consequently must I also apologize for not having done my homework, he is indeed found no less than three times in French medieval Missals from the Limousin, and also indexed by Leroquais under 9 August in the 'Sacramentaires, III, 81)' (Missel de Limoges, Paris BNF ms.lat.870, with exactly the same entry in the calendar 'Martini Briue' III.lectiones)

I was stuck, and so blinded by prejustice that it only fully became clear to me when I looked in a curious book I have:

Herman Bader: 'Alle Heiligen und Seligen der Romisch-Kath. Kirche',
Eigene Verlag, Wasserburg am Inn, 2. Aufl. 1956.

This book is nothing but an endless list of 12812 'Heiligen und Seligen',
but it can be useful in some cases - like this one.
He is listed as Martyrer 'von Brivensis', Frankreich, dead 252-60, Gedenken 9.8.

As to Christophers remark about church dedications is it also correct. Since this St.Martin was commemorated all over the diocese of Tulle does the entry in the calendar not indicate that the manuscript had any particular affiliation to Brive-le-Gaillarde. I was mislead by mention of the name of the city connected with his name.
John would you mind to tell me where you found the information from his legend?
Many thanks for your patience! Ignorance can sometimes be difficult to comprehend - something we perhaps all should give a thought from time to time.
Thanks
Erik

Mag.art. Erik Drigsdahl   CHD Center for Haandskriftstudier i Danmark
Kapelvej 25B 3.tv         Phone: +45 +35 37 20 47
DK-2200 Copenhagen N      Email: <[log in to unmask]>
DENMARK                   http://www.chd.dk

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]