>> Nancy is no doubt correct in suggesting an elephant.
The image rings a distant bell, but I cannot now remember
the significance. The key will be the Physiologus ... <<

many thanks bill, i will look in white's bestiarium!

mata
___ .

mata kimasitayo
kimasita(at)bloomington.in.us

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     non ridere, non lugere,
     neque detestari, sed intelligere.
     -- b. spinoza
     (tractatus politicus, cap. I, par. 4)

ATTENTION:
This email message, including all attachments, is private and
may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you
are not the intended recipient, do not use, disclose, copy, or
disseminate this information.  Please notify the sender by
reply e-mail and immediately delete the message.