From: Tinho da Cruz [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, 13 March 2004 1:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Geological Maps of England and Wales, 1:63 360 and 1:50 000

Dear friends,
This is probably a rather ignorant question about the 1:63 360 and 1:50 000
geological maps of England and Wales published by what is now called the
British Geological Survey.

Should the older 1:63 360 maps be filed with or separately from the newer
1:50 000 maps?

In my collection they are all mixed together in sheet order, but as I'm in
the process of buying a number of new sheets I wondered if it was time to
separate the two.  This would have the pragmatic result of not having lift
so many maps out of the drawer when searching for a sheet.
I wait, as ever, agog for your collective wisdom.
Best wishes
Tinho
--
Antonio da Cruz (Tinho)               [log in to unmask]
Map Curator, Department of Geography, Roxby Building

See the British Archaeological Association web page
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/baa