Dear all,

I would like to add some comments concerning the 'nappe' discussion.

Usually the Russian term 'nadvig' should be translated in English as 'reverse fault', what is somehow broader term. In Russian it contains also the meaning for 'thrust' and all its variations.

Tzvetan Dilov

Stephen Henley wrote:
There's another alternative. I've been doing some work on the Amur region of the Russian Far East. There they have a lot of thrust sheets (with or without recumbent folds - mostly without), and I have been translating the Russian word "nadvig" as "nappe". Maybe I should be using "thrust sheet" - or just introducing "nadvig" into the English language (as a synonym of plaszczowina ?)

- Steve Henley