Ted,
I also found Lancet online so user-unfriendly that I quit subscribing.

Jim

     Knowledge does not keep any better than fish.
                                     --Alfred North Whitehead

James M. Walker, M.D.
Chief Medical Information Officer
Geisinger Health System
570 271-6750
Internal Mail Code 30-06

>>> Ted Harding <[log in to unmask]> 03/14/04 04:35AM >>>
Hi Folks,

Apologies that this is a bit off-topic, since it is more about
difficulties of access to evidence than about evidence itself.
However, this list may well harbour as many people able to help
as any other, so I'm appealing to anyone who may have been in
the same boat at some time.

I want to access some articles from Lnacet back issues, to
download them (PDF) from the website. You can only get at most
of these if you are registered. As far as I recall, I did indeed
register a good time ago.

So I entered what I recalled as username and password, and was
rejected.

On the hypothesis of possible false recall, I then entered the
online registration procedure from scratch. After entering all
requested details, I then finally filled in the requested
password and clicked to complete; I was thrown back to the
same form with the message that, according to records, I was
already registered ("same last name and email address").

Then I went back to the Login page, where you have the option
to request a replacement password to be emailed to you. I duly
entered my email address (allegedly, see above, already known
to the system), and got the response that a new password had
been emailed to me. One hour later, and no email had arrived.
Repeated this twice more; each time, no email arrived.

Next day, I phoned the Customer Support telephone number but
was told that the whole Lancet CS team was on a day's "Staff
Training" and were not available.

This morning I again tried the Login/Register/Request New
Password cycle described above. Same results. I have now
emailed [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]
as given on the website about this, but in view of previous
experience I'm not holding my breath ...

If anyone else has been through the like of the above, and has
useful comments, I would be most grateful to hear about it.

Apologies for bothering any of you who did not want to hear
about this!

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <[log in to unmask]>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 14-Mar-04                                       Time: 09:35:05

IMPORTANT WARNING

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.