Hello Ana,

Good to see some of our students using the list!

Ana wrote:
> For my personal project I wrote a story and I plan to do an
> interactive
> piece for the Internet with it. For the words of the text I
> am researching
> meanings.
>
> At the moment I am using dictionaries, poems, books.
>
> What kind of methodologies can be used to research meanings in words?

If you were analysing somebody else's texts, I suppose you would draw on hermeneutics, which is a mode of analyis that suggests ways of understanding textual data and the meaning of texts. As you are working with a text that you have written yourself, in attempting to analysise your text in this way, are you trying to understand something from more than on perspective - different ways of knowing?

If you are exploring this idea, I wonder if you could devise some techniques to try and understand your own choice of words.  For example, you could ask yourself a series of question, such as:

How can finding out about your text (either as a whole or not) help you understand the other themes and ideas you are working with in this project?

What are you talking about in the text, and what is the relationship between the things you are talking about in the text?  What is the relationship between the things you are talking about in the text and other aspects of this project?

How does the text you have written draw on other texts (either that you have written or that others have written)?

How does the text draw on the visual elements within the project?

As an interactive artist, how does the text you have written try and influence your audience?

very best wishes
Kate