From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Sarah Currier
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 6:18 PM
Subject: An interesting metadata/LO blog

Hi all,

We've got a blog for our new digital LO repository project, and we've (well, Neil) found another one with some interesting and provocative chat on metadata & LOs. It's based around a university repository in the USA which has already gathered some 800 learning objects. I just posted to this guy's blog to let him know that CETIS has indeed already produced what he calls The Thick Headed Lunkers Guide to Meta Data For Totally Idiotic People. AKA the "Draft Guide to Metadata"- which is still pretty good all these years later.

I guess I should start you off at our blog, which mentions his in its most recent post:

http://storcuram.blogs.com/weblog/

They call their metadata forms "packing slips" which I really like.

Best
Sarah
P.S. I've done a couple of posts myself on digital rights management and taxonomies/thesauri for
Stòr Cùram.

Ms. Sarah Currier
Librarian, Stòr Cùram Project
"A Storehouse of Learning Resources for Social Care"
Dept. of Social Work, University of Strathclyde
c/o: Centre for Academic Practice, University of Strathclyde
Graham Hills Building, 50 George Street
Glasgow G1 1QE, Scotland, United Kingdom
Web: http://storcuram.blogs.com/weblog/
Tel.: +44 (0)141 548 4573   Fax: +44 (0)141 553 2053
E-mail: [log in to unmask]   Mob.: +44 (0)7980 855 801
Stòr Cùram is Gaelic for Storehouse of Care