----- Original Message -----
That being the case I would far prefer to use Consultant A&E resources at my
disposal to be on my single A&E site providing an input into the vast
majority of A&E work - e.g.. the walking wounded etc. and dealing with the
majors once they come to A&E rather than being out in the community dealing
with only the big stuff.  That way a greater proportion of A&E work gets
Consultant input - and I certainly would not envisage being able to provide
the quality of A&E service that I'm happy with by spreading myself over even
2 sites (as I currently CD for anyway). [Nick Jenkins]

I would also agree with this approach, Nick (and Ray). Trying to cover two
departments "remotely" is a bit like "falling between two stools". You
wouldn't actually bring much benefit to either, in my opinion.