10th Researching the Voluntary Sector Conference
Sheffield Hallam University
1st and 2nd September 2004

Last chance to submit your proposals: Friday 26th March.

NCVO's Researching the Voluntary Sector Conference is a unique meeting place
for both researchers and users of research to discuss current research, its
implications and the need for further research in the voluntary and
community sector. This year, for the first time, NCVO is teaming up with the
Voluntary Sector Studies Network (VSSN) to organise the conference.

Call for papers
The 10th conference will be held at Sheffield Hallam University on 1st and
2nd September 2004 and we are now inviting paper and session proposals. We
invite proposals on all areas of relevance to the voluntary sector, but
would particularly welcome proposals on topics of current policy interest to
the sector. These might include accountability, transparency, civil renewal,
independence, the role of the sector in the delivery of public services, and
the relationship between the sector and government.

How to submit your proposal
        *       Abstracts of 400-600 words, for single papers or whole
sessions should be sent to Jayne Blackborow at NCVO
([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
no later than Friday 26th March 2004.
        *       Authors will be notified of acceptance of their submissions
by Friday 16th April 2004.
        *       Successful authors will need to submit papers of between
2000 and 2500 words (where relevant) by Friday 25th June 2004.

New researchers' session
Like last year, we will be running a special session for "new" researchers
in conjunction with our colleagues at the Institute for Volunteering
Research (IVR). The session is aimed at those who are relatively new to the
field of voluntary sector research. The session is an opportunity for "new"
researchers to meet, discuss research, and share ideas. If you would like to
deliver a short presentation at this session, please send a 400-600 word
proposal to Nicola Ponikiewski at IVR ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Further information
If you have any questions, or would like to know more about the conference,
please email Jayne Blackborow at NCVO ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).