Steve,

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Rankin, SE (Stephen) wrote:

> >Autoconf doesn't have any dependencies.
>
> Try pkg-get, and see the dependencies being downloaded, unless I was seeing
> things! The dependencies are probably because the binary autoconf was built
> with gcc and GNU tools/libraries.

I mean that the autoconf package within the CVS system doesn't have
any dependencies on other packages within the CVS system.

You don't need to install any version of autoconf on your machine;
and if you do, the bootstrap will carefully ignore it, and use only the
version of autoconf that it supplies.  If, later, you adjust your path
and end up invoking another autoconf, the build will fail.

The only reason I mentioned /usr/bin/autoconf in the original message
was because there had previously been a discussion (to do with
autoconfed autoastrom, I think) about things working with no autoconf
present, but not working when an old autoconf was present.

See you,

Norman

Norman Gray                        http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/
Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, UK     [log in to unmask]