I agree with Dorothy, and with Bill Oram.  I should also probably add
that Michael C. Drout, a principal editor of the new journal Tolkien
Studies, is a very fine Anglo-Saxonist with a book coming out from
MRTS and an interest in Tolkien's work on Beowulf.  His many
enthusiastic students here at Wheaton are more enamoured of Beowulf
and Grindal than they are of Frodo and Gollum, I think.

Susanne

--

Susanne Woods
Provost and Professor of English