Clarifying my typos:

IF  NEURAL tissue is close to the inflammation site,  stretching may
help, among other things, move inflamatory exudates/fluid around  to
other areas and create adhesions in  other tissues such as neural tissue
later.
The study I quoted is not indexed in medline because JOSPT has not all
their abstract indexed yet. You would have to look for the paper. The
study has many limitations, but made me aware that athletes can have
say, Positive Straight Leg Raise test which is usually due to previous
injury that affected the sciatic or other nerve. The study proposed to
treat hamstring strain but I think that what they were really treating
was neural adhesions from previous injuries with a "slump stretch"  they
designed.

WILL
Joe
Joe,

I am not aware of any study comparing before versus after exercise
stretching that I can really recommend. I do know this: Stretching in
the inflammatory phase can help SPREAD inflammatory exudates to other
areas and cause adhesions. If never tissue is close adhesion and neural
tension will follow. Stretching people with adhesions on muscle or
neural tissue, helps their pain. See: Wbright, JOSPT, 1989. Hamstring
muscle injury.

Hope I was of any help.

Will