My feelings on reading the email copied below were so strong that, though I don't want to add to the clutter, I feel moved to respond.  Even if it was sent as a joke, it's a joke in pretty poor taste - it's certainly not an example of informed criticism.

I feel an immense debt of gratitude both personal and professional for the fascinating and scholarly interchange fostered on this list, for quite a few years now.

I would like to offer my thanks for the hard work of the listowners.

Best,

Dr. Rebecca Stephens

Stay in touch better and keep protected online with MSN’s NEW all-in-one Premium Services. Find out more here. ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html