Jim Bugslag <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Your daily dose of saints is always delightful, and everybody on the list, I
am sure, is very grateful for your stalward efforts.

seconded.

>it has often struck me that it is rather a shame that the many comments and
discussions generated by this splendid feature of Medieval Religion have not
been compiled into our own electronic Super-List of medieval saints.  If there
were some way that all of the comments and additional information on all of
the saints discussed through the history of Medieval Religion could be easily
collated...

Great Minds Always Running in the Same Ruts, i had exactly the same thought
when reading your Musings, Phylis.

my first instinct was to suggest that you simply add the detailed additions
of, say John Dillon, to the archive file where you keep these postings,
sending them out the next year with those added.

while perhaps being the easiest and least labor intensive thing to do, clearly
that would result in some pretty massive missives on some daze, after a year
or two.

but, how about adding in the Saint of the Day epistle a link to the list's
archives where the previous additions --and further discussion, if any-- to
the relevant saints could be found?

the list archive seems to be posted to the web on an instantaneous basis, it
seems

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A1=ind0402&L=medieval-religion

so all it would take would be the addition of a statement like "...further
details on St. X were provided by list members and are available in the list
archive at
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0402&L=medieval-religion&T=0&F=&S=&P=400
and elsewhere on that string.

just a thought, from a Great Mind stuck in the same old Rut.

christopher

"Lots of useless other data points just enlarge the consciousness of the
agrieved showing how particular the pain is."
--Burma Shave

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]