Dear Sandra,

I'm not quite sure of exactly what you mean by your subject, the "theology of icons." However, I'm currently mulling over the purchase of a rather expensive, but well reviewed, book by Celia Chazelle, _The Crucified God in the Carolingian Era: Theology and Art of Christ's Passion_ (Cambridge 2001). Is this the sort of text you had in mind? Or a general study of the why and the wherefore of the existence of icons? The interpretation of same? Their acceptability or lack thereof throughout the ages? Are you using "icon" in the general sense of "image," or in the specific (Byzantine, Greek, Russian)?
MG

-- Sandra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I am looking for half a dozen books on the theology of icons at academic

level and in english.

I would be appreciative if some of you could give me some
recommendations.

Thanks,
Sandra Oliver-Jobling

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

The best thing to hit the Internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]