Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:33:06 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2004 Congress [REV]

        I am very happy to announce that the full program for the 39th
International Congress at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo) is now
online off the Medieval Institute main page at

                        http://www.wmich.edu/medieval

        I am grateful to Liz Teviotdale and her associates for creating
the redesigned site. The February 11 opening for the program is the
earliest ever.

        We are expecting the "blue-line" version of the printed program
February 16 with a likely printing of the run in the next week, with
mailing thereafter.

        If you are in the U.S. and in our database, you will receive the
program book by bulk mail, slow but cheap, unless you have already
purchased Priority Mail (more or less guaranteed delivery in the U.S.
within a week).

        If you are outside the U.S. and are on the program, you will
receive a copy of the program book via a mail service.

        If you are outside the U.S., not on the program, and are coming to
the Congress, a program book will be waiting for you at the Registration
Desk.

        If you are outside the U.S., not on the program and not
coming--but still wishing a copy of the program book, you may order a copy
of the book for $20, airmail costs included. The main website has details.

        If you wish to consult the program, it is, of course, available
free online for your perusal.

        The change in mailing procedures is part of the need for cost
reduction.

                                                Paul E. Szarmach
                                                Director, MI

        [supersedes any previous (=draft) notice]

  Reminder: For assistance write to Bill Schipper ([log in to unmask])

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]